Revised: December 2018
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INFORMATION?
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect and process the following information about you both online and offline.
- Offline information about you originates from our interactions with you during in-person meetings, or at Company events, conferences, workshops or gatherings.
Information that the Company may collect and process, either online or offline includes:
- Name and physical address, email address, and telephone numbers;
- Company and title;
- Course enrollments;
- Course usage;
- Transactional data, including product and service orders;
- Credit card details;
- Data from surveys and publicly available information, such as social media posts;
- Unique IDs such as your mobile device identifier or cookie ID on your browser; and
- If you communicate with us through email or via our online portal, we may retain the content of your messages together with your email address and our responses.
WHY AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use personal information for the following purposes to:
- Engage in transactions with you to process orders for the Company’s products or services;
- Administer your course;
- Communication and respond to requests and inquiries to the Company;
- Help us design or improve our products and services;
- Communicate with you about your course progress;
- Personalize your experience with the Company;
- Notify you about important information, new services, and special offers we think you will find valuable;
- Deliver functionality on our site and for its technical and functional management;
- Analyze, develop, improve, and optimize the use, function and performance of our site and products and services;
- Manage the security of our site, networks and systems; and
- Comply with certain laws and regulations.
For any personal information collected about you in the EU, our basis for processing is the following:
- In order to communicate adequately with you and to respond to your requests, we need to process information about you and therefore have a legitimate interest in processing this information;
- In order to engage in transactions with customers and business partners, and to process purchases and downloads of our products and services, we need to process information about you as necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you;
- We process personal information for marketing and sales activities based on your consent, where so indicated on our sites at the time your personal information was collected, or further to our legitimate interest to market and promote our products and services;
- We rely on our legitimate interest to analyze, develop, improve and optimize our sites, products and services, and to maintain the security of our sites, networks and systems; and
- In order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to process an opt-out request.
WHAT PERIOD TO WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Company maintains personal information for the following retention periods:
- If you have registered for a Company account, your account information will be retained for as long as you maintain an active account. Your account and account information will be deleted if you do not log in for 36 consecutive months. The Company retains records of that deletion for 30 days;
- If you have registered for our newsletters or blogs, your subscription data will be retained for as long as you are subscribed or on our distribution list. The Company retains records of that deletion for 30 days; and
- Contact information such as your email address or phone number collected online and offline during our interactions with you will be maintained for as long as we have an active relationship with you. We treat you as having an active relationship if: (1) you have interacted with the Company or updated your contact details or preferences within the last 36 months and (2) you have not made a deletion request.
WHEN AND HOW WE CAN SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Sharing Within the Company
Company employees and independent contractors hired to provide the Company products and services to you are only authorized to access personal information to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose and to perform their job functions.
Sharing With Third Parties
We may share personal information with the following third parties:
- Anyone that you request or authorize us to share your information with;
- Third-party service providers (i.e. credit card processing services, order fulfilment, analytics, event/campaign management, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other similar service providers) in order for those service providers to perform business functions on behalf of the Company;
- Relevant third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes;
- Relevant third parties if it is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our contracts, policies, or procedures; and
- Relevant third parties, if it reasonably necessary to do so such as credit agencies, collection agencies, merchant database agencies, law enforcement, litigation or to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, the Child Online Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information.
Your personal information may be shared if it is made anonymous and aggregated, as in such circumstances the information ceases to be personal data.
We do not provide personal information to companies for the purpose of independent telemarketing, email marketing, or direct mail marketing of any products or services of those companies.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURED?
We maintain security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of confidential information about you. All sensitive/credit card information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We update and test our technology to improve the protection of our information about you and to assure the integrity of our information. While we strive to secure your information, we cannot warrant or guarantee that this information will be protected under all circumstances, including those beyond our reasonable control.
WHAT COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY DO WE USE ON OUR SITE?
Our website and email notices may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that the Company has no control over these sites and is not responsible for their privacy practices.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES?
We provide multiple choices in respect of the information we process about you. You have the choice to exercise any of the following choices:
- Opt-out of use of your personal information: You may withdraw consent that you have previously provided for the processing of information about you;
- Delete personal information: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about you;
- Change or correct personal information: You can edit some of the information about you. You can also ask us to change, update or fix information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate;
- Object to, limit, or restrict use of personal information: You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate); and
- Right to access or have your personal information provided to you. You can also ask us for a copy of information about you and can ask for a copy of information about you provided in machine readable form if you reside in the EU, other country or state that provides you this right as a matter of law.
You can exercise these choices by contacting us at [email protected].
DO WE COLLECT SENSITIVE INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
This website and its content is not directed to children under thirteen (13) years of age. Rather, you must be eighteen (18) years or older to access this website. If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, you are not permitted to access this website for any reason. Due to the age restriction for use of this website, no information obtained by this website falls within the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and is not monitored as doing so.
HOW TO CONTACT THE COMPANY IF YOU HAVE QUESTION, COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact [email protected].
Written inquires may also be sent to the following:
NRB Media LLC d/b/a Natalie Bacon
420 Huron St
Chicago, IL 60654