Who doesn’t love a good motivational quote?
There’s something about an oh-so-pinterest-worthy quote that really gets me excited.
Which brings me to this post!
I listed 56 motivational quotes about life to inspire you to have more meaning, success, and happiness as well as with fewer regrets.
The quotes below are my faves that I’ve collected in an Evernote entry (the app I use to keep track of everything in my life.. seriously everything!).
So, let’s take a look at these gems…
- “Happiness is the joy you feel moving toward your potential. Pleasure is just a moment in the brain.” – Shawn Achor
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
- “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Anonymous
- “There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Aristotle
- “The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” – Walter Bagehot
- “What you think you become. What you feel you attract. What you imagine you create.” – Buddha
- “The difference between successful people and very successful people is that very successful people say “no” to almost everything.” – Warren Buffet
- “Success is your duty, obligation, and responsibility… It’s not something to wish for; it’s not something to pray for; it’s not something to ask about; it’s a duty… Without it you will die.” – Grant Cardone
- “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
- “Success is not final. Failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “How people treat you is their story; how you react is yours.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
- “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.” – Henry Ford
- “Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference.” – Robert Frost
- “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” – Melinda Gates
- “We believe what we want to believe, and once we believe something, it becomes a self-fulfilling truth.” – Seth Godin
- “Being aware of your fear is smart. Overcoming it is the mark of a successful person.” – Seth Godin
- “Anyone who has ever made anything of importance was disciplined.” – Andrew Hendrixson
- “Success… seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
- “Most people spend more time planning a one-week vacation than they spend planning their life.” – Michael Hyatt
- “Make sure you have financial intelligence… I don’t care if you have money or you don’t have money… you need to go and study finance no matter what.” – Daymond John
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “How you do anything is how you do everything.” – T. Harv Eker
- “One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.” – Sigmund Freud
- “Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.” – Helen Keller
- “I never dream of success. I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder
- “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a b*tch, okay.” – Madonna
- “Most people don’t lead their lives, they accept it.” – John Maxwell
- “He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
- “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” – Mary Oliver
- “Always remember that your identity is not your job title or list of professional accomplishments. This will help you be a healthier leader and respond to changes with maturity and levelheadedness.” – Dale Patridge
- “I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.” – Amy Poheler
- “He who fails to plan, plans to fail.” – Proverb
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
- “As an educated person, you have the opportunity to spend your life doing what you love doing. And you should never forget that not everyone has that opportunity.” – Condoleezza Rice
- “If you talk about it, it’s a dream, if you envision it, it’s possible, but if you schedule it, it’s real.” – Tony Robbins
- “Someone who commits themselves to something greater than themselves, is great.” – Tony Robbins
- “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
- “If you are not willing to risk the usual you will have to settle for the ordinary.” -Jim Rohn
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn
- “Success is what you attract by the person you become.” – Jim Rohn
- “To be mature you have to realize what you value most. It is extraordinary to discover that comparatively few people reach this level of maturity. They seem never to have paused to consider what has value for them. They spend great effort and sometimes make great sacrifices for values that, fundamentally, meet no real needs of their own…. Not to arrive at a clear understanding of one’s own values is a tragic waste. You have missed the whole point of what life is for.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I think when tragedy occurs, it presents a choice. You can give in to the void, the emptiness that fills your heart, your lungs, constricts your ability to think or even breathe. Or you can try to find meaning.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.” – Will Smith
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “If you live for the weekends and vacations, your sh*t is broken.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “Effort is grossly underrated.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “You want to have a successful life? You build relationships intentionally.” – Aaron Walker
- “Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” – Russel Warren
- “You will succeed because most people are lazy.” – Shahir Zag
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.” – Zig Ziglar
A Final Note!
See… weren’t these good?!
Sometimes, it’s the extra motivation throughout the day that keeps you going through the grind.
I keep my all-time favorite quote as the background of my phone and on a bracelet that I wear a lot. The quote is: “she believed she could, so she did.” 🙂