Have you ever felt like you’re blaming someone else for how you feel?
It feels useful and true to do this, but it couldn’t be further from the truth.
The truth is your thoughts cause your feelings. Nothing outside of you causes you to feel anything. The government, your spouse, your boss, or your child cannot cause your feelings.
A circumstance happens. You have a thought about it. That thought causes a feeling.
This is great news because it gives you your power back. You can always decide how you want to feel in every situation.
Wondering if you’re acting like an emotional child? Listen to this episode to find out.
Here are more personal development resources that will help you when something sucks:
- Emotional Childhood (blog post)
- Dream Year: How To Accomplish Your #1 Goal This Year And Feel Good Doing It (book + workbook)
- Personal Development Free Course (free training)
- Personal Development For Her (course)
- How To Solve Any Problem (blog post)
- When It’s Hard And Problems Are Forever (podcast episode)