100 podcast episodes!!!!
WHAT. IS. THIS.
This week marks the 100th episode of the Design Your Dream Life Podcast. I started the show back in October 2018.
I remember feeling so nervous to start this podcast.
It was so hard.
So, today I want to celebrate all the goodness that 100 episodes represents.
I’m sharing the lessons I’ve learned over the last year and a half.
Before we get started, I have a special treat for you.
For the last few months, my team has worked incredibly hard at creating this Bonus Podcast Book. It’s complete with summaries of every single episode. Not to mention how beautiful it is.
If you want this book, make sure you’re on our email list. We’re going to be offering the book next week as a completely free limited time bonus. You can subscribe here: nataliebacon.com/subscribe. (Note: if you’re reading this after August 2020, email [email protected] for more info.)
Okay, now let’s dive in to everything I’ve learned over the last year and a half…
If you want to listen instead of read, here’s the podcast episode that goes along with this post — 100th Episode Celebration.
The Biggest Life Lessons I’ve Learned
I’ve learned some huge lessons in the last 100 episodes that I want to share.
A huge lesson I’ve learned about is how to handle mental health. There’s no substitute for self coaching and doing that thought work. I’ve learned how to pay attention to my thoughts. I’ve learned to question them and decide if they’re worth continuing to think.
- Resource: How To Coach Yourself (podcast)
I’ve learned a lot about handling my emotional health. There’s a huge difference between clean pain and dirty pain. You can feel the negative emotions. You don’t have to have any added suffering.
- What To Do About Negative Emotions (blog post)
- How To Process Negative Emotions (YouTube video)
- Processing Negative Emotions (podcast)
- Overcoming Self Doubt (free course)
There’s such a powerful process to decision making. It’s an incredible skill to learn. It takes some practice, but when you get it down, you can make fast AND great decisions on purpose.
- Resource: Life Coaching Tools You Can Use Right Now (blog post)
I’ve learned to plan well. I have the responsibility to create my own results. I choose to plan my schedule out in time slots. This helps me to create results the second I put them in the calendar.
- 47 Simple Time Management Tips (blog post)
- Planning Mistakes (podcast)
- Time Management Tools (free course)
I’ve learned to create an amazing family unlike my own. I’ve learned to be intentional and create healthy relationships.
- A Quick Way To Have Better Relationships Right Now (blog post)
- How To Fix A Bad Relationship (YouTube video)
- Separation Vs. Connection (podcast)
- How To Fix Your Relationship (free course)
I’ve learned to love as a choice. I love from a place of completeness. I don’t need to get something from anyone else. Love doesn’t come from outside of me. I’ve learned to have unconditional love.
- Resource: Self Love and Romantic Love (podcast)
Over There Isn’t Better
The truth is, over there isn’t better than where you’re at. If you don’t love yourself where you’re at, then you’re not going to love yourself when you hit your goals.
You don’t need to reach a certain place to start loving you. Happiness comes from loving you in the moment, and setting goals that are setting you up.
- Resource: How To Live An Intentional Life (free course)
Achievement And Fulfillment
I’ve experienced a lot of achievement and I’m fulfilled in my life.
Achievement is so helpful. Moving forward with a goal is useful for my brain. It’s a good dopamine hit that doesn’t require any external pleasures like sugar or a social media post. It’s a goal for fun.
Fulfillment is present living. It’s mindfulness. It’s how I found joy where I’m at. I’m creating fulfillment right now.
It’s hard to do both. It can be easy to focus on one and forget to do the other. But doing the hard work to get both is so worth it.
These tools are amazing. They’re helping me accomplish goals. When I fail, I’m failing forward.
- How To Use Your Imagination (blog post)
- Tracking Your Goal Progress (YouTube video)
- Impossible Goals (podcast)
- Online Business Free Course (free training)
How I’ve Grown With Money And Business
I’ve grown my business and money so much since I’ve started this podcast.
I’ve grown my own money by investing myself in what I’m selling. I’ve invested in a coach for myself. I continue to spend my money. And I paid off of my student loan debt.
I decided to have an abundance mindset. I’ve turned inward to choose what I believe about my own money.
- Money Scarcity (blog post)
- Money Scarcity (podcast)
- Scarcity Vs. Abundance (blog post)
- Scarcity Vs. Abundance (free course)
I’ve taken my business from a $100K business to an almost $500K business. I’ve created and operated a membership site through Grow You. And I’ve created some products for all of you. I’m focused on overdelivering for you.
My greatest joy is helping clients. I absolutely love hearing your success stories.
There’s no greater joy for me.
My Advice To You
I want to share with you advice from my experience over the last year and a half.
So, I came up with a list of what I think are the most important lessons that I think can help you, particularly if you’re feeling stuck…
Go all in with your commitments and decisions. Choose to be committed 100%. Even if you’re wrong, you can always change course.
- The Problem With Accountability (blog post)
- Self Accountability (podcast)
- How To Be More Accountable To Yourself (YouTube video)
Become A Fast Decision Maker
Practice becoming a quicker decision maker. Start with small decisions. Meet yourself where you’re at. When you start small you can learn to trust yourself more.
- Resource: How To Make Better Decisions With Money (blog post)
Accept Your Feelings
Choose to accept all of your feelings. Know that you can feel any feeling. Allow yourself to feel anything, but choose not to let it control you. Learn to accept your urges.
- Resource: Conquering Anxiety Free Course (training)
Love Your Body
Learn to love your body. Be open to all of it. Accept the good and the things you think are bad. Love all of it. And choose to take care of it because you love it.
- Body Love (podcast)
- How To Love Your Body (blod post)
- How To Stop Emotionally Eating (blog post)
- Emotional Eating (podcast)
Stay In Motion
Stay in constant motion by taking action. If you keep saying “I don’t know,” you’ll keep procrastinating. You’ll put off your dreams. Choose to take massive actions. Even if you fail, choose to use that failure as a set up. Use those setbacks as setups. Just don’t let yourself sit still.
- Procrastination (podcast)
- How To Stop Procrastinating (blog post)
- Money Mindset Exercise Couse (free course)
Expand Your Mind With A Coach
Choose to open up your mind with a coach. Self coaching is amazing. But you aren’t able to see everything all the time. This is why a coach is amazing. She can see the things you don’t. She can catch on to those limiting beliefs you may not even know of.
Coaching will help you 10 times your results. This is why I have a life coach and I want you to have one too. I’m always learning more from my coach and teaching you new things.
Check out my coaching program, Grow You, if you want more information on coaching
A Final Note!
I’m completely different than when I started my podcast back in October of 2018.
I’ve closed a lot of chapters in my life. I’ve had big changes personally and professionally. I’m living in a different state. And I fell in love. I cut my hair. I built my own business.
I’ve decided to let go of the past for the sake of my future. Because of this I’m successful and happy.
I know some things that are true for you…
- You can create a life that’s better than you ever imagined.
- You can create more money than you’ve ever thought possible.
- You can work less.
- You can find peace, joy, and presentness.
- You can handle so much more than you think.
- You’re so strong; stronger than you know.
- Your life has always—and is always—happening for you.
Here’s to the next 100 episodes together.
Thank you. I love you!
Next Up, watch the YouTube video…