It’s crazy to think I knew nothing about blogging a few years ago and now it’s my full time job. #isthisreallife?!
Blogging has been an AMAZING journey for me, and I’m sharing everything I know on this page, so you can use it on your blog, too!
Also, if you want to chat about blogging, you can join me and other bloggers in the Natalie Bacon Facebook Community.
I get asked soooo much about blogging, so I created a course with everything I know about blogging in it. It’s called Blog With A Full Time Job.
If you want my best blogging advice, that’s where you’ll get it!
Now, let’s talk about the rest of this page…
The list below includes everything I recommend for launching, growing, and monetizing a blog. I broke it down into sections (click to jump to that section below)…
- Free Blog Resources
- Start A Blog
- Grow Your Blog
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Make Money Blogging
- Make Money Freelance Writing + As A VA
- The Tools I Use On My Blog
- The Courses I’m Obsessed With
- My Blogging Story
Let’s get started!
Free Blog Resources
Here are my favorite free blog resources…
- 5 Day Blogging Bootcamp – this is my 5 day blogging course where I help you decide whether to start a blog and teach you how to do it.
- How I Made $45K Blogging In 1 Year While Working Full Time Free eBook – this is a look into how I made $45k blogging in 1 year while working full time. It’s a portion of the eBook that I offer in my store.
- Blog With A Full Time Job 12 Month Blog Plan – this is the exact 12 month plan I recommend for starting, growing, and launching your blog when you work full time.
- 2018 Blogging Trends eBook – this is an amazing eBook that I devoured in about 10 minutes. It’s about the top trends that you need to be doing in 2018 if you want to succeed as a blogger. It’s so good.
- 7 Surefire Ways To Boost Your Blog Income Overnight – this download has really applicable tips for taking your blog income up a notch asap. I highly recommend it if you already have a blog.
- 120 Awesome Blog Post Ideas – this is a freebie that gives you soooo many blog post ideas! If you just launched a blog or are thinking about starting a blog, definitely grab this one. It will come in handy when you’re not sure what to write!
- The New Blogger’s Guide To Guest Posting – this is a download that shows you how to get started guest posting on other blogs. I highly recommend this if you’re a blogger. Guest posting is an important part of growing your blog.
- Blog Structure Blueprint – this is a template that gives you a visual for how to organize your blog. I used this when I started and it taught me exactly how I should format my blog for the reader.
- 10 Steps To Take When A Post Goes Viral – this is a download that gives you specific tips for what to do when a blog post goes viral. If you already have a blog and you publish content on it, grab this – you never know when your blog is going to go viral, and you don’t want to miss an opportunity!
This training is my fave, btw! 🙂
Start A Blog
Want to start a blog? Here are my best resources…
- How to Start a Blog Tutorial – my step by step blog post on how to start a blog.
- How To Start A Profitable Blog While Working Full Time – a complete guide to becoming a blogger when you have a full time job.
- How To Become A Full Time Blogger – an overview of everything you need to do to turn a blog into a full time job.
- Time Management Tips For Bloggers (How I Made Money Blogging and Worked Full Time) – a look at how to manage your time as a blogger, with three specific schedules based on what level blogger you are.
- Divi Theme – super popular website theme that you can use to create a theme identical to mine.
- Why You Should Start A Blog – blog post about why the world needs your blog.
- 9 Tips For New Bloggers – my best tips for newbies.
- How to Become a Successful Blogger – my step by step guide for becoming a successful blogger.
After you’ve started your blog, you’re ready to move on to growing your blog.
Grow Your Blog
Here are the best tools for growing your blog…
- The 15 Best Podcasts For Blogging And Making Money Online – a blog post with the best podcasts for growing your blog.
- 8 Steps To Increase Your Blog Traffic – a blog post about increasing traffic.
- 5 Books Every Blogger Needs to Read – my fav blogging books.
- 10 Dos & Don’ts For Growing Your Blog – blog post about what to avoid doing on your blog.
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Blog Right Now – my best tips in a blog post.
- 100 Blog Post Ideas – a blog post with 100 blog post ideas.
- 21 SEO Tips To Increase Blog Traffic Right Now – how to increase your traffic with Google SEO.
- Secrets From A Photographer (6 Photography Tips For Bloggers) – how to take better blog photos.
- The Best Resources for Bloggers – all of my favorite blog things on one page for growing your blog. 🙂
Once you’ve started to grow your blog, you’re ready to move on to email marketing.
Here are my email marketing recommendations…
- Seva vs Mailchimp vs Aweber vs Drip – Email Marketing For Bloggers – a blog post comparing all four of these services.
- The Most Important Blog Metric To Make Money Blogging – a blog post about all things email marketing that you reallllly need to know.
- How I Grew My Email List to 10,000 Subscribers in 7 Months – a blog post about building your list from the ground up.
- Seva (FREE 30 day trial with my link)- the email marketing software I use for capturing email addresses (it’s the bomb dot com).
- Lead Pages – the software I use for my lead magnet landing pages.
Email marketing is the most important part of building an online business. It’s a never-ending process that is worth all your time, energy, and money.
Here are my favorite resources for social media…
- 7 Steps to Get Started With Pinterest for Bloggers – a blog post about using Pinterest for your blog.
- How to Grow Your Instagram Following in 7 Steps – my fav steps for growing your insta account.
- Planoly – this is a total game changer for Instagram. I use it and am obsessed.
Social media can be a great asset to you blog, especially if you build your platforms over time.
Make Money Blogging
Want to make money blogging? (I’m sure you do!!) Here are my best resources…
- How I Made $5k In 5 Days Blogging – a blog post where I share how I made $5k in 5 days on my blog.
- How I Made $14k Blogging In 1 Month – a YouTube video where I share my income report.
- How To Make Money Blogging – a blog post about all the different ways to make money blogging.
- How to Make Money Blogging With Affiliate Marketing – a blogging course specifically about affiliate marketing (for beginner and intermediate bloggers).
- 8 Bloggers Who Make 5 & 6 Figures Every Month From Blogging – a blog post about bloggers who make a sh*t ton of money blogging.
- How To Turn Your Blog Into A Successful Business – a blog post about how to turn your blog into a real biz.
- Six Figure Blogger Review – a blog post with a complete review of the Six Figure Blogger course.
- The Only 2 Reasons Why Your Blog Isn’t Making Money (And What To Do About It) – a blog post about why you’re not making money blogging.
- Six Figure Blogger – this course changed my freaking life – it’s the shiiiznnit.
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – this is a great course for getting started with affiliate marketing on your blog.
The most important lesson I learned about monetizing my blog was to have the right strategy in place.
Make Money Freelance Writing + As A Virtual Assistant
Want to make money online in other ways (but not through blogging)? Here are my favs…
- How to Make Money as a Virtual Assistant – a course to learn how to become a Virtual assistant.
- How We Make Thousands Every Month Freelance Writing – a blog post about how three freelancers are crushing it.
- How To Become A Freelance Writer And Make Money Doing It – a blog post about how to become a freelance writer.
- How To Make Money As A Virtual Assistant – a blog post about how to make money as a VA.
- Earn More Writing – an awesome course for learning how to freelance write and make money doing it.
- Your Way To VA – a fantastic course for learning how to become a virtual assistant.
Making money in other ways besides directly from your blog is a great way to supplement income as your blog grows.
The Tools I Use On My Blog
Here’s a list of the tools I recommend using and getting started with on your blog…
- BlueHost – the hosting company I recommend for new bloggers (I’ve used this one a lot and it’s super cheap).
- Divi Theme – the theme I recommend for creating a blog design (you can create a design just like mine with it).
- Seva (FREE 30 day trial with my link!) – the email platform I use and highly recommend (I’m obsessed!).
- ClickFunnels – the service I use to build sales pages and funnels for eBooks (it’s freaking amazing).
- Teachable – the platform I use to host my coaching programs and courses (this is the standard).
- Tech Help for Your Blog – the company I use for technical issues on my blog (Grayson is so legit – he’s the best for all things WordPress).
- Lead Pages – the service I use for all my landing pages for my freebies (so simple and easy to use – I love it).
- Opt-In Monster – the service I use for capturing leads with a pop-up (makes everything look so much prettier).
There’s no way I could build my blog (or my revenue!) without these tools. They’re a huge part to my success.
The Courses I’m Obsessed With
Want to know which courses to take? Here’s what I recommend…
- Blog With A Full Time Job – the foundation for learning how to start a blog while working full time (for brand new and beginner bloggers)
- Six Figure Blogger – a blogging course for learning how to increase your blog income up to six figures with advanced strategies (for intermediate bloggers).
- Make Money Blogging For Beginners – a blogging course for learning how to make money blogging when you first launch your blog (for beginner bloggers).
- Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing – a blogging course for learning the basics of affiliate marketing.
- Pinterest Traffic Avalanche – blogging course for learning how to drive traffic to your blog from Pinterest.
- Flourish With FB Ads – Facebook course for learning FB advertising (use code Natalie20 to take 20% off).
- Earn More Writing – a course to that teaches you how to make money freelance writing.
- Your Way To VA – a course that teaches you how to become a virtual assistant.
Courses have made the BIGGEST difference in monetizing and growing my blog. without them, I wouldn’t have a blog at all.
My Blogging Story
Want to read more about my blogging story? Here are the posts on my site about my blogging journey…
- How I Make Money Blogging & Work Full Time
- How My Blog Took Me From Consumer To Creative
- A Big Rebranding Announcement
- My Blogging Journey and How I Make Money Blogging
- How I Made $45K Blogging In 1 Year While Working Full Time
- How I Work Full Time & Make Over $5K Per Month Blogging
- My Diary Of 7 Days Before I Quit My Job To Blog Full Time
- How I Made $5k In 5 Days On My Blog
- How I Made $14k Blogging In One Month
If you want to read stories from people who turned their blogs into full time, six and seven figure businesses, check out the Design Your Dream Life Series!
Cheers to launching, growing, and monetizing your blog! 🙂
P.s. Lately, I’ve been geeking out on learning all things monetizing a biz online. I highly suggest reading both these books by Russell Brunson…