I knew nothing about blogging three years ago and now I’m a full time blogger.
I couldn’t have done it without investing in myself and teaching myself everything I possibly could about blogging.
- Side note…. everyone always asks me what blogging courses I recommend. Here’s the post where I list the best courses for launching, growing, and monetizing your blog.
As for books…
Here’s a list of the best books about blogging that every blogger should read…
1. How I Made $45k Blogging In 1 Year While Working Full time by Natalie Bacon
I wrote How I Made $45k Blogging In 1 Year While Working Full Time to share all the details about how to build a blog from scratch, when you know nothing about blogging. I share my income reports, my schedule, and how you can start your own blog, grow it with consistent traffic, build an email list, and make money blogging. If you want to start a blog and turn it into a business, you’ll see exactly how I did it, the mistakes I made (so you can avoid them!), and how to go about doing it yourself. I made this for all my readers who want to do what I do!
2. ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income by Darren Rowse
ProBlogger is sort of the holy grail of blog books. It is the book that Ruth Soukup talks about in her book How to Blog for Profit Without Selling Your Soul (number 2 above). Darren Rowse explains how to build your blog so that it’s a successful business — from the ground up. Darren walks you through everything from how to write a successful blog post, to how to monetize, to how to build your audience. This book is a classic and has sold thousands.
3. Dot Com Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online by Russell Brunson
Dot Com Secrets by Russell Brunson is the BOMB. It’s one of the best books you can read to understand how to make money online. While this isn’t a *blogging* book, it’s specifically for monetizing a website. Read: if you want your blog to be profitable, you need to know everything in this book.
This is the “science” of online business, as Russell puts it. You’ll get complete clarity on how to go from nothing to a profitable biz. I can’t say enough about this book.
4. Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Creating a Mass Movement of People Who Will Pay for Your Advice by Russell Brunson
Expert Secrets is the follow up book to the book above. In this book, you’ll learn the “art” to making money online. You’ll learn about creating content that your audience wants and how to communicate with your following so they know you, like you, and trust you. Again, this isn’t specifically for blogging, but it might as well be. It’s for anyone online who wants to make money. Russell Brunson is the ultimate guru and this book is no exception – you can get an entire education in how to monetize a website with this book. I highly, highly recommend it!
This book is a really good book to read to see the bigger picture of what you’re doing with your blog. It will help you “see the forest through the trees”. You’ll hear from the pros about what they did to become successful and what you can do to take your blog to the next level. This book isn’t just applicable to blogging; it’s applicable to business and success in general. But if you’re not sure where your blog fits in the overall market or how to really become successful, then this book is for you.
*Bonus* Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by Michael Hyatt
In this book, Michael explains how you need to market yourself and provide excellent content so that you stand out. It’s not enough just to write good blog posts — you have to market and brand yourself, too. Michael explains how you can go from no followers to thousands — just like he did. His advice is really practical and useful because he used his tips, himself. He also has a very successful podcast that I love to listen to!
A Final Note!
These books will help you get ahead of the crazy learning curve that is blogging.
The most amazing thing about these books is that they’re classics. As time passes, all of the tips still apply.
If you’re still looking for more books, here’s a running list that I’m constantly adding to that are great for bloggers…
- Your First 100: How to Get Your First 100 Repeat Customers by Meera Kothand
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas: For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing to Write About by Dana Fox
- How To Blog For Profit: Without Selling Your Soul by Ruth Sokup
- EPIC BLOG: One-Year Editorial Planner by Regina Anaejionu
- Blogging: Getting To $2,000 A Month In 90 Days by Isaac Kronenberg
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
- The Story Engine: An entrepreneur’s guide to content strategy and brand storytelling without spending all day writing by Kyle Gray
- The Badass Blog Planner: Your guide to defining your purpose, creating clarity, and building a year of killer content by Sarah Morgan Dawson
- SEO 2018 (No-Bullsh*t) Strategy: The ULTIMATE Step-by-Step SEO Book: (Easy to Understand) Search Engine Optimization Guide to Execute SEO Successfully (No-BS SEO Strategy Guides) by Gundi Gabrielle
These books are all amazing. They can improve your blog and help you get it exactly where you want.
You can also check out my Ultimate Guide To Blogging for the best blog posts for your blog.
And finally, you can see the tools I use to run my blog in my Resource Guide Just For Bloggers.
Cheers to better blogging!