I have a new tool to teach you.
It’s called the Alter Ego.
Take any area of your life where you want to improve. Then, create an alter ego for it.
So, let’s say you want to be a better leader in your job.
You choose someone you know is an amazing leader already.
This can be someone famous or someone you know personally.
Then, you practice acting as if you were her when you’re in that role.
The key is to get a clear picture of the characteristics this person has and only use them when you’re in that role.
In this example, you wouldn’t use your leadership Alter Ego in your personal life, you would only use it in your career.
You can do this for everything.
Your business, your personal life, your physical goals, etc.
We all play different roles in our lives, and the key is to be intentional about how you’re showing up in each role.
And there’s even more fun you can have with this.
Like choosing a piece of jewelry to wear while you’re in this role as a reminder of what your intention is.
To get the full scoop on how to apply this to your life, listen to the podcast episode below.
Here are more of my favorite resources for this episode:
- Life Hack: How To Create An Alter Ego (blog post)
- Dream Year: How To Accomplish Your #1 Goal This Year And Feel Good Doing It (book + workbook)
- Mindset Blog Posts (blog posts to read)
- How To Improve Your Mindset (podcast episode)
- Personal Development Free Course (free training)
- Personal Development For Her (course)