Hi, I’m Natalie!
I graduated law school with a ton of student loan debt. I knew nothing (and I mean nothing!) about money.
I started listening to podcasts and reading personal finance books to figure out what I needed to do with my money and what to do about my debt.
Feeling overwhelmed with information that I was totally clueless about, I decided to start a blog.
And the rest is history!
Well, sort of… 😉
There’s a lot that happened in between that day and now, but basically, I went from completely financially ignorant to becoming a financial expert.
The short version is: I hated practicing law, and I loved learning and blogging about money, so I quit practicing law and became a financial planner. I became a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, but took a 50% pay cut to do it. To make up the income difference, I built up my blog income as a side hustle. Then, I turned my blog into a business and decided to go full time. This is where I’m currently at in my journey, and it’s incredible.
Because I transformed my life from feeling overwhelmed, in a career I hated, with massive student loan debt to one where I’m literally living my dream life, it’s my passion to help educated, 30-something women design their dream lives.
I truly believe that the secret to designing your dream life is through personal development, financial intelligence, and online business. It’s these three things that changed my life, and they’re what I think can transform your life into whatever you want. So, that’s what I write about on my blog!
If you’re into personal development, money, or blogging, you’re in the right place.
I have several resources you can get started with. Here’s a look…
- Money blog posts
- Personal development blog posts
- Blogging blog posts
- Freebies (free eBooks, downloads, courses)
- 1:1 Coaching (my coaching programs)
- Dream Year (goal setting book)
- How I Made $45k Blogging in 1 Year While Working Full Time (blogging book)
- Budget Bundle (the budgets I use)
- My Store (my complete list of eBooks, coaching, and course offerings)
Side note – if you use any of these, tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #DesignYourDreamLife so I can see how you’re doing!
I post new blog posts every Monday morning, and I post new YouTube videos on my channel on Thursday morning.
You can also come hang out with me in my Facebook Community.
I’m humbled to have been featured in Forbes, CNBC, Huff Post, Women’s Health Magazine, and other totally awesome publications I never could’ve imagined being in.
A few random things about me are… I’m a dream chaser, I’m a thinker, I’m a minimalist, and I’m not Frugal.
Things I love include … God, family, friends, learning, coffee, money, neutrals, podcasts, and business.
A few fun facts about me are…
- I’m super curious and love to learn new things.
- I enjoy running (or at least I want to think that I do…) and yoga. I was a cheerleader and dancer growing up.
- I went to Africa (Lesotho and South Africa) for a month in college.
- I have extremely double-jointed arms.
- I don’t eat meat, dairy, or sweets (and I used to love all things steak, cheese, and chocolate!).
- I only wear neutral colors and am minimalist-ish.
- I’m not frugal.
- I’ve never had a credit card.
- I love country, rap, classic rock, and pop music (John Lennon, Tupac, and Miranda are three favs that come to mind).
- I am obsessed with Kate Middleton and The Royals.
- I love a good quote and a good coffee mug.
If you want to get to know me more, your best bet is Instagram.
You can also come to my email party – just add your email address below.
And if you’re not sure where to start, a good place is my freebies page!