Student loans. Ugh! They are the bane of my existence.
And yet they are responsible for my career change and this wonderful blog.
I started blogging because I graduated from college and law school with $206,000 in student loan debt. What makes it more astounding is that I really didn’t know I had that much debt until I graduated, nor did I know anything about what I’d be repaying monthly or in total. So, I went on a journey reading tons of personal finance books and blogs, and I found myself inspired to share what I learn and to create a community for other young, professional women. My debt is down to $121k, while my income has gone up to over six figures back down to half that because I quit practicing as an attorney.
It’s important to note that I could not be where I am without my blog. I can teach you how to start a blog and how to freelance write. These are the two main forms of online entrepreneurship that have enabled me to make money online.
It is possible to make more money and work your way out of debt! I’m living proof. 🙂
Here are blog posts about student loans that I’ve written
6. With Lots of Student Loans, Which Debts Should You Pay First? via Money Under 30
7. Which Student Loan Repayment Plan Is Right For You? via Young Adult Money
8. 12 Things No One Tells You About Student Loan Debt via The Huffington Post
9. How Student Loans Affect Your Credit Score via Magnify Money
10. 7 Things You Need to Know About Private Student Loans via Magnify Money
A Final Note
I am going through the struggle of getting out of student loan debt right now. I know it’s painful. And I also want you to know I’m here for you! Feel free to join my community (you can use the form below) and hopefully, we can all get out of debt together!