Hi, I’m Natalie!
I’m a blogger, financial planner, recovering attorney, and personal development junkie.
I love God, coffee, wine, and podcasts. <3
I blog about 1) money, 2) career, 3) personal development, and 4) blogging.
The money part is about:
1. Making money (side hustles, blogging, entrepreneurship, etc.)
2. Managing money (budgeting, debt, saving, investing)
3. Behavioral finance (e.g.: why are you so bad with money?).
The career part is related to pursuing a traditional career in corporate America.
The personal development part is about:
1. Personal development
5. Time management
The blogging part is about how to build a successful (and profitable) blog from scratch. This is what I did, so I loooove talking about it!
So, if you need help in these areas, you’ve come to the right place!
A little bit more about me… I’m an award-winning blogger, financial planner, recovering attorney, and intentional living junkie. I have been featured in Forbes, The Huffington Post, US News World & Report, Elite Daily, and many other publications.
I am fascinated with money because I graduated law school with a ton of student loan debt. I didn’t understand how I could be an attorney and know nothing about personal finance. So, I started theFinancegirl.com (now NatalieBacon.com) to learn about money.
It didn’t take long for me to figure out that I needed to make huge changes if I wanted to be well off financially. That’s when I realized I could turn my new-found passion for money into a career.
So, I decided to make a change. I changed my life completely. I quit practicing law to become a financial planner and blogger (read about how I quit my job here).
Since I took a 50% pay but by quitting practicing law, my current focus is increasing my blog income so that I can repay my student loans asap (more on how bloggers make money here).
A few more random facts about me:
- I love to read and learn new things (I have a special place in my heart for podcasts).
- I enjoy running and staying active (I was a cheerleader and dancer growing up).
- I’ve been to Africa (Lesotho and South Africa).
- I like coffee and wine equally.
- I have extremely double-jointed arms.
- I love all things chocolate.
Join My Email List
To join my email community (and have contact with me) enter your name and email address in the form below!
Thank you so much for reading!!